- Ages 10 and up pay the same price as adults. Children under 10 years old stay free in a room with paying adults. They will only be charged for daily made-to-order breakfast and round-trip airport transfers as part of our stay & dive packages. Please email [email protected] if you wish to add kids under 10 years old to your package.
- The maximum occupancy in each room is 4 including children. If your party is over 4, then please add another room to your booking.
- Upon making a reservation, your credit card will be charged a $100 per person deposit. The balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival date. If reserving within 30 days of arrival your credit card will be charged for the total amount of your booking.
- For reservations less than 3 nights during high season check with us 14 days prior to arrival and if there is space you can make reservations at that time.
- Public Transport timetables can change at short notice. Sunset House information is updated from the most recent information available to it. You are advised to recheck the information closer to the time of travel, particularly if you are enquiring for information more than 14 days in advance.
- All cancellations MUST be made in writing. If the reservation is cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival, there will be no penalty.
- Summer (low season): If the reservation is cancelled within 30-15 days of arrival, there will be a one-night penalty.
- Winter (high season): If the reservation is cancelled within 30-15 days of arrival, there will be a three-night penalty.
- If the reservation is cancelled within 14 days prior to arrival, there will be a 100% penalty.
- Should you change the dates of your reservation within 30 days of your arrival our cancellation policy, as stated, will apply.
- Unused portions of packages are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If Amex is used for payment and the reservation is cancelled, a 4% fee will be deducted from the refund.
- Minimum night stays:
- 2023 Low Season | April 22, 2023 until December 15, 2023 | 3-night minimum.
- 2023-2024 High season | December 16, 2023 until April 26, 2024 | 5-night minimum
- 2024 Low Season | April 27, 2023 until December 13, 2024 | 3-night minimum
Since we cannot resell the space reserved on the boats or re-coop the revenue for the room reserved, there are NO refunds on unused portions of the packages. We strongly recommend that all guests purchase travel insurance which covers missed diving due to illness, trip interruption, etc.
TRIP CANCELLATION AND INTERRUPTION INSURANCE
- Sunset House recommends purchasing Travel Insurance from Divers Alert Network (DAN)
- All cancellations MUST be made in writing.
Hurricane Protection Plan
If the Cayman Islands Government declares a Hurricane Watch within the time frame of a guest’s immediate trip, Sunset House offers travelers 18 months to complete their travel stay.
Guests that are already on property when a Watch or Warning is declared will be able to use any unused portion of their package within the following 18 months.
Our hurricane guarantee is no substitute for TRIP CANCELLATION AND INTERRUPTION INSURANCE. All guests are strongly encouraged to purchase this coverage as it provides additional coverage options that Sunset House and Sunset Divers do not offer.